Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Spring Blooms~Quick Quotes Serenade layout

Good morning, Alicia with you today.  I love to take pictures of flowers.  Here I am scrapping a sequence of photos from some blooming bushes last year.  I pass them on my dog walk every day so I snapped these all within about five days from buds to full bloom.


I am fond of using all my scraps and you may notice my frame is leftover from the September 2017 past Club Q.  It provided the perfect place for my title to really pop and balance the stripes.  I cut the title with my Cricut, I have said before and I will say it again, Quick Quotes papers cut like butter in die cut machines.  The papers still hold up to shaping and distressing after die cutting as I have done with the layered flowers.


.

I thought adding a small flower as the dot on the "i" was a whimsical touch for my layout.



The purple mat on which I journaled was a piece from a former Club Q also.  Of course, all the flowers were cut from various scraps.  In fact, the only whole sheet I used was the Serenade 105, the striped background.



Quick Quotes products:

other products:
flower dies by Tim Holtz/Sizzix
title font by Cricut Art Nouveau font
brads



Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment